We have provided expert support for Health & Safety Policy Development throughout the UK.
A quick summary of why you should talk to MESH
If you have no interest in health and safety and find it all a proverbial pain in the a... then you have come to the right place.
Why not let us take the pain and strain of health and safety compliance away from you so you can get on with making money; just as we have done for other clients? Excellent this has taken a lot of pressure off us; now we can concentrate on what we are good at - Mark Brooks MD First Touch Solutions.
- Need a health and safety policy that is tailored to your business and your business goals?
- Need a policy that helps you to implement a health and safety system that reflects the way you do business?
- Want to avoid paying for something that adds no value to your business (which unfortunately often happens)?
We guarantee to provide a health and safety policy that allows you to sit back in the knowledge your business is in safe hands. Our aim has always been to keep it simple but at the same time ensure the policy and systems help keep your business safe.
About Health & Safety Policy Development
As an employer you have a legal responsibility to protect the health and safety of your staff and other people – such as contractors, customers and members of the public – who may be affected by your work operations.
The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HSWA) section 2(3) requires that if you are employing five or more persons you must:
- Prepare a written statement of policy
- Set out organisation and arrangement for implementing your policy
- Revise and update as necessary
- Bring the policy and arrangements to the notice of all your employees
A health and safety policy sets out your general approach and objectives (your vision) and the arrangements you have put in place for managing health and safety in your business. It is a unique document that says what your aims are, who does what, when and how.
If you have five or more employees, you must write your policy down. A written policy statement shows your staff, and anyone else, your commitment to health and safety. It should describe how you will implement and monitor your health and safety controls. You should review it regularly.
A policy is different from a risk assessment.
Good practice in health and safety makes sound business sense. Through the development of an effective health and safety policy your business should be able to:
- Reduce absences and sick leave
- Improve staff retention
- Maintain your organisation's reputation
- Boost productivity and profits
- Reduce your insurance premiums and legal costs
Good health, safety, and environmental practices pay for themselves. They also improve your reputation with customers, suppliers, contractors and your own employees.
Our satisfaction guarantee
MESH clients are happy clients and many provide testimonials to prove this fact. We provide highly professional Health & Safety policies and procedures that guarantee you will never have to worry about a visit from the HSE. Our guarantee is that, in the unlikely event of any negative contact from the HSE, we will be available (free) to support you in your response. All we ask is that you have followed and implemented Health & Safety recommendations that we make as part of our work for you.
MESH can offer a range of health and safety policy options to organisations throughout the UK, we do however insist that we need to understand your business and your business needs in relation to health and safety management:
1. We can develop a policy that covers your organisations health and safety statement, organisation of responsibilities and arrangements for achieving health and safety compliance.
2. We can assist your organisation to develop key supporting health and safety procedures (e.g. such as travel, lone working, stress management etc).
3. We can provide a service where we maintain your organisations health and safety policies and procedures on an annual basis and will provide updates as and when any legislative changes come into force that apply to you.
What we provide is a service that can be tailored to you to enable you to meet legislative health and safety compliance, and keep the HSE inspector satisfied that you have effective working policies in place.
Costs of our health and safety policy service can vary depending on the type and size of organisations and the range of activities we need to include on the health and safety arrangements section of the policy.
As a guideline, fees for work recently undertaken have ranged from as little as £595 to £2000 to develop health and safety policies and procedures that are both legislatively compliant and fit the individual organisations needs.
We believe our pricing is very competitive but we don't compromise on quality and you can be assured that our consultants will add valve to your business. We would expect you to shop around for quotations but would encourage you to check what level of service is being provided. Ask yourself whether you getting health and safety support that will make a long-term difference to the health and safety of your staff and your business. If in any doubt, please do contact us without obligation.
Where we work
MESH provides health and safety policy services for companies in a diverse range of industries throughout the UK and Europe.
Our Head Office is in Kent, with regional offices located in London, The Home Counties, The Midlands, and The North East.