When people start to talk about ‘Elf & Safety’ this normally suggests they have negative thoughts about what it’s all about. Rather than consider what health & safety can do for their business, they are already thinking that’s it’s something that just gets in the way and be a barrier to success.
If this is how you view health & safety then perhaps it’s time for a rethink and refocus; why not ask yourself a few questions that might help to look at things from a different perspective?
Through working with clients we have found that the power of the right questions can stimulate thinking and help to crystallise what is REALLY important to their business success. Questions such as:
- What would happen if you had a serious workplace accident?
- Have you had a visit from the HSE?
- What’s your plan to keep your employees safe and keep your reputation intact?
- How do you develop your employees and measure the results?
- What do your customers think about your business and would they be concerned if you had a blot on your reputation?
The power of these questions (if time is taken to properly answer them) can quickly change the way management think and help direct what needs to be changed going forwards.
If these are questions you think need to be asked in your business but need help to present them to key decision makers then it’s time to ask for help. You need to think can we afford to ignore such questions in your business?