Have you ever fallen asleep with your phone next to your head?
What about slightly under the duvet?
Personally, I wouldn’t recommend it but know that many will do this or something similar and think nothing of it; but be warned you may need to be a tad more careful!
Have you seen this news story?
It’s a rather scary tale about a girl whose phone actually caught on fire under her pillow! Oh…and her head was on the pillow at the time!
The smouldering smart phone woke up the young girl who smelt smoke before it became a full on fire. The phone itself is completely unrecognisable! – Looks more like burnt toast than a phone!
We know the Fire Service have warned for some time the numbers of phone chargers left plugged in and switched on that can burst into flames. What doesn’t help is the proliferation of cheap chargers and replacement batteries.
Anyway, I just thought you should know about this so you can place your phones far away from your beds or to think about how many chargers are left switched on in your workplace.
We don’t want you scorching your ear off or your place of work burning down, do we?